Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pert Plus, Big Hair, and Children's Stories

I was going through some of my old school things the other day - found my old journals from when I was a kid. I came across this little gem and thought I would share it...

Here are three things I learned about myself from reading this story:

  1. I apparently have always had trouble deciding what color my eyes are. Here, I call them both blue and green. I still do this today. Sometimes I call them "Pert Plus", as in the color of a Pert Plus shampoo bottle - a friend described them that way once in college and I've never forgotten it. 
  2. I've always had exquisite taste in music. I listed my favorite song as Mr. Big's 1991 hit, "To Be With You". If you're not familiar with it, you're missing out. The song is only made better by the music video - men with long girly hair, jean jackets galore, tambourine, dramatic key change into the last chorus...ahhhhh. Gotta love it. I thoughtfully provided the link for you here. You're welcome. 
  3. I have always wanted to be a writer! I do remember writing several children's stories when I was young - I still have one saved, called "Mystery of the Black Beads" - a chilling thriller about a girl who finds a cursed necklace while at summer camp and mysteriously disappears! The pages are so old and worn that the pencil writing is starting to fade. I should type it out before I lose it completely. During this time of rediscovery for my love of writing, it certainly is fun to see proof that it's something I've always enjoyed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment